Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Crochet Baskets

Liz at Crochet in Color has caused me to be a bit obsessed this weekend.  Yes, I blame it all on you Liz.  She has made this amazing crochet basket and posted the directions last Wednesday.  I told her I was going to get busy on it right away, and I wasn't kidding.  I modified my baskets a bit, but followed Liz's amazing directions for most of the pattern.

Do you want to see?

 Please follow the directions if you do not want your basket to be all wonky like mine.  I wasn't sure how much yarn I had, or how much the basket would need, so I did not do the crochet into the back loop rounds. 

 I also did not put on the handles, which Liz did, and they are very nice.  I sort of free formed my basket just for fun.  I added the flowers because my joining isn't the best.  There I confessed!  I think I really need to work on how I join a row.  So I covered the join area with leaves and flowers.

I used Lamb's Pride Bulky, two strands held together for the basket, using a L hook.  The leaves and flowers are single strand Lamb's Pride using a J hook.  All this yarn I had on hand, so it was very fun to use a bit of stash yarn.  Actually I hate to say my stash is getting pretty low. Shocking isn't it?

 The flowers my son sent me are open and so beautiful.  I keep taking pictures of them because I want to remember his kindness.

Actually I was looking at them last night as my son and I were having a texting argument.  He wanted to stay out til 2:00 AM, I thought 1 was totally sufficient.  Apparently I am ,"suffocating" him and, "treating him like a child".  You bet I am.  He was home at 12:45 and gave me a big hug this morning, so he can't be that mad.

Special thanks for all your wonderful comments on my blue vest.  I really like it and feel a bit artsy in it.  But there is always that nagging doubt in the back of your mind when you make something.  Is it really good?  Does it look a bit cheesy and does it scream 70's crochet?  Will a picture of me in this vest show up on What Not To Wear?  You see what I'm saying don't you?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar